1. If you have friended the community, but you haven't joined, the majority of things posted here are friends-locked, as per the rules in the userinfo. Limited audience and all that jazz. If you don't want to join, you're perfectly welcome to watch, but I'm afraid that you're not going to be able to see everything.
Speaking of limited audience, you guys have been pretty good about locking stuff. Thanks!
2. We need to talk about tags! I went through and tagged untagged entries, but I noticed that we have a bit of a problem—there exist multiple tags for the same people. Please, for the love of little green apples, use identifying tag and stick with it? For example, mine is "kickthehobbit." Dor's is "sys_64738." hawkelf uses "hawkelf." I don't care whether you use your LJ name to ID yourself, but if you decide that you want all entries by you to be tagged with "chief mugwump," then please either start tagging stuff exclusively "chief mugwump," or "chief mugwump" and whatever it is—"digital art" for digital art, for example. Please tell me what you want your stuff tagged with, and I will go back and tag it for you. That's all I ask.
3. I noticed that at least one person made an icon post. The rules don't say one thing or another about icons, so I let it slide, but I'm curious: what do you people think about icons? There are plenty of icon journals on LJ; should we allow icons too? (fondued_jicama, I'm not trying to single you out here, just trying to keep it Democratic. :D)
4. Do we want to start posting interactive things, like writing challenges/the image thread that was started by sys_64738? It would be a way of keeping the community alive, and it could be fun. They wouldn't be mod-run; you wouldn't need mod approval to start one, either—just go for it. Thoughts?
5. Finally, oy. Apologies for having neglected this community for so long. Thanks for behaving, etc, etc.
Not trying to be anal in this post, but it's two in the morning, so you can imagine how with it I am. Any complaints, please bring 'em up here.
2. I think I've been pretty good about tagging things, but I apologize if I haven't. While I'm thinking of it, though, do we not have a "writing" tag? Most, if not all, of the writing entries are only tagged with the writer's name.
3. I can see both sides on the icon issue. Leave it be for now, and if the community starts to get clogged with icon posts put your modly foot down?
4. Obviously, I'm in favour - but again, if they start taking over the community. . . .
2. You have been good about tagging; I checked everyone's stuff.
3. . . . hence why I asked people. :P I'd like a more decisive response! :P
4. . . . I honestly can't see this community getting clogged, evar. Unless we get spotlighted, and—pleasegodno, I wouldn't be able to tell them "no," reveling in the spotlighted-ness.
I got used in an example! *eee!* */strangeness, hopefully*
2. That said, hope I've been tagging well. >.<
3. Um... I'm of the opinion that there are five zillion icon comms out there, if you go looking for them, in which one pimps one's icons (I belong to at least two). My personal preference is to go to those when I look for icons.
That said, I'm not saying that icons aren't a form of creative outlet, etc. Because I sincerely disagree with such sentiments.
I guess my point is that there are a lot of places out there to put icons, places where people specifically want and are looking for icons... and it's amazingly easy to start getting clogged with icons, because tons of people make them. So I guess my vote's to keep icons out? >.>
4. Occasional interactive stuff sounds fun!
Whee. *will eventually stop being long-winded someday, maybe, probably*
2. You have been!
3. Which is about how I feel. I meant to ban them outright originally, but . . . mreh. Maybe I'll just start an icon community instead. :P Wanna help me mod one? :P
4. Yes. I was thinking of doing posts containing five words, and you have to incorporate those words into whatever you do . . . I'll leave the drawing stuff up to other people. :)
2. Hurrah! Yay! Yippie! Etc! Etc!
3. That was my original impression, that they'd been banned (which is possibly a reason I've not spammed this comm with 'em...).
Sure! Of course!
4. Ooooh... Sounds fun. Admittedly, once I hit school again, I have the feeling that everything I post will (once again) be part of a school assignment. >.< Ah, studio, how convoluted are these feelings which I emote toward thee.